How To Mute Discord On OBS : The OBS Project maintains OBS Studio (previously Open Broadcaster Software or OBS, for short), a free and open-source cross-platform streaming and recording tool built with Qt. OBS Studio is available in versions for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux systems. On Open Collective and Patreon, the OBS Project raises cash.
All of your favourite streaming platforms, as well as others, are supported by OBS.
How To Mute Discord On OBS || The features of OBS
- Real-time video/audio capture and mixing with high performance. Create scenes from a variety of sources, such as window grabs, photos, text, browser windows, webcams, and capture cards.
- Create an unlimited number of scenes that you can seamlessly switch between using custom transitions.
- Noise gate, noise suppression, and gain are all per-source filters in this intuitive audio mixer. With VST plugin support, you have complete control.
- Configuration choices that are both powerful and simple to utilise. Easily create new Sources, duplicate existing ones, and change their attributes.
- The streamlined Settings panel provides you with a variety of setup choices to fine-tune every aspect of your broadcast or recording.
- The ‘Dock’ UI’s modular design allows you to modify the layout to your liking. You may even separate each Dock into its own window.
Do you know, how to add bots to discord server
How to use OBS
For sophisticated users, OBS is a professional screen recorder/stream broadcaster.
- It’s a widely used and simple-to-use programme.
- You can use this software to record your computer screen and voice, and then broadcast it on sites like YouTube and Twitch.
- The majority of individuals use this software to broadcast games and deliver live online lectures.
- Your software is incredibly basic and straightforward to use. With a good webcam and microphone, you may also broadcast your face along with audio and your computer screen.
- I hope this clears up any remaining questions you may have concerning this software.
- Please vote up the answer, and feel free to ask any software-related questions in the comments section.
What is Discord
Discord is a chat application akin to Skype or TeamSpeak, as well as professional communication systems such as Slack. It’s designed exclusively for video game players, allowing them to locate one another, coordinate play, and communicate while playing. It allows users to communicate in a variety of ways, including video calls, audio chat, and text.
If you’re trying to play PC games, Discord comes in handy. The software makes chatting simple, and it has search features that can help you find new people to add to your friends list for speedy contact. Many individuals use it as an organising and social tool in addition to communicating to each other when playing games.
Discord is a fantastic platform for bringing people from various communities together and providing a plethora of communication tools. The disadvantage is that the majority of the action takes place in real time. Discord audio cannot be recorded or saved for later use. OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) comes in helpful here.
How to Record Discord Audio Using OBS ?
You can use OBS Studio to record the audio from Discord with your microphone input because it accepts audio sources from many channels, including your desktop audio and microphone. You can save the entire discussion as a file on your computer by recording it. This is a step-by-step guide on how to do it.
- Go to Sources in OBS Studio after starting it.
- Select Audio Output Capture from the drop-down menu to capture your desktop audio output.
- Choose Create/Select Source and give your desktop audio source a name.
- To confirm, press OK.
- Select Device from the Properties menu.
- Choose a suitable output device, such as your speakers or headphones.
- To confirm, press OK.
- If you just have one output device on your machine. The default settings can be used.
- Go to the Controls area of the OBS window and click the Start Recording button.
OBS Studio stores the audio as an MKV file with a blank video by default, with a filename that provides the recording time and date.
How to Mute Discord on OBS
It’s likely that you’ve previously integrated Discord audio to your OBS streams. If you’re new to the OBS software and want to know how to add Discord audio to your stream, here are the steps you may take.
Using the Streamer Mode on Discord
Unless you have the setting toggled off, Streamer Mode on Discord is activated every time you launch OBS. You can use this to effectively quiet Discord on OBS. This approach is also compatible with Streamlabs OBS.
- To access ‘User Settings,’ open Discord and click the gear icon next to your username.
- You should see a button that says “streamer mode” that you may click if it is enabled. To protect your privacy while streaming, this option is available in the ‘My Account’ area. Alternatively, use the left Menu to access the ‘Streamer Mode’ settings.
- Toggle on the ‘Disable Sounds’ option in the ‘Streamer Mode’ options. You may also turn off notifications by using the ‘Disable Notifications’ option.
- You can also use the ‘Streamer Mode’ to change other settings. The whole streaming experience is improved as a result of this.
Using the Audio Mixer in OBS Studio
- Check the ‘Audio Mixer’ panel in OBS Studio.
- Locate the Discord audio output in the list of audio outputs displayed. When connecting as described above, you most likely termed this ‘Discord’ or a similar term. A slider should be visible beneath the audio source, which can be used to change the volume.
- To muffle Discord audio on OBS, drag the slider to the far left.
This strategy is great if you’re only irritated by a few Discord sounds rather than all of them. So, if you’re looking for a way to silence only certain Discord sounds on OBS, this is the way to go.
Many broadcasters utilise Discord to broadcast their gaming to their friends and spectators. Discord allows gamers to chat with their friends while streaming. Furthermore, Discord’s extensive feature set makes it the ideal chat software for gamers.Discord can be muted to improve the quality of your OBS stream.